What We Do
Concrete Newcastle gives homeowners stunning outdoor surfaces by following best practices and techniques for installing exposed aggregate concrete.
The attractive finish we create is achieved by removing the top layer of cement paste to reveal the aggregate material underneath – chips and pebbles or crushed stone.
Our exposed aggregate process includes meticulous to attention to detail in:
- Spraying a retarding mixture onto the concrete surface immediately after placing and finishing. This slows the rate of setting.
- Applying the decorative aggregate evenly over the surface once the concrete has firmed up sufficiently.
- Covering the surface with a thin coating of cement paste.
- Removing the paste, usually after a day or two. This involves scrubbing or pressure washing to expose the decorative finish.
Exposed Aggregate Sealers
We use premium-quality exposed aggregate sealers – film-forming acrylic resins – to provide protection against oil, grease and water, and safeguard against problems such as:
- Staining and abrasions
- Freeze-thaw damage.
- Damage from de-icing salts,
Our aggregate sealers will also give your surface a glossy sheen that enriches the colour of the aggregate.
Visual Appeal and Long-Lasting Durability
Our exposed aggregate surfaces can enhance the kerb appeal of many surfaces, including driveways, paths, pool decks and patios.
Exposed aggregate looks good in any landscape setting and can withstand extreme weather and heavy loads, lasting for upwards of 30 years with minimal maintenance – regular sweeping or vacuuming and rinsing with a garden hose, and resealing only once every three to five years.
Why Choose Our Exposed Aggregate Concrete Contractors?
Concrete Newcastle specialises in helping homeowners in Newcastle and further afield in New South Wales to enhance their property exteriors with outstanding exposed aggregate surfaces that are both stylish and functional.
Our experienced exposed aggregate concreters use only the best materials – superior aggregates, sealants and retarder liquids – and pride themselves on maintaining the highest standards of workmanship.
Our expertise and experience enable us to customise surfaces like driveways and exposed aggregate paving to your property’s exterior setting and to your particular requirements and design preferences.
We’ll also make sure the outdoor surfaces blend with the exterior colour scheme and style of your home.
We can offer custom solutions across every aspect of exposed aggregate concrete – from layout to design and colour.
Affordability, Expertise and Much, Much More
Other benefits of hiring our exposed aggregate concreting contractors include:
- Affordable pricing. We’re able to work quickly and efficiently – without cutting corners – which results in lower labour costs
- Expert advice. We’ll work with you during the design phase and offer our suggestions, based on many years of experience.
Other reasons homeowners choose our Newcastle exposed aggregate service include:
- Free consultation.
- No-obligation quote.
- Warranty on materials and workmanship.
- Completion of jobs in a timely manner and within budget.
- Licensed and insured operatives.
- Reputation for reliability.
Exposed Aggregate Costs
Exposed aggregate concrete costs depend on many factors, including the size of the area and the type of finish you want.
On average, you can expect to pay around $100 a square metre for exposed aggregate concrete, compared with something like $80 a square metre for standard concrete and upwards of $120 per square metre for stamped concrete
Although slightly more expensive than regular concrete, exposed aggregate can work out more cost-effective in the long-term because it requires less maintenance.
Contact Us Now!
Contact Concrete Newcastle now to find out more about how our exposed aggregate concreting service can take the exterior of your home to a new level.